The following adoption fees apply as of June 14, 2013.
Cat Adoption Fees at the SF SPCA Adoption Center
- FREE Cats over 6 months
- $125 Kittens under 6 months
- 2-for-1 Kittens (limited time offer): Take home a second kitten for no additional fee if you adopt the second kitten on the same day!
Dog Adoption Fees at the SF SPCA Adoption Center
- FREE Dogs under 20 pounds, over 6 months (Small Dogs, Big Hearts)
- FREE Dogs over 7 years
- $100 Dogs 6 months – 7 years, 20+ pounds
- $250 Puppy adoptions for people who have not attended our free Puppy Parent Orientation class (puppies under 6 months)
- 50% OFF Puppy adoptions for people who have attended our free Puppy Parent Orientation class (puppies under 6 months, $125)
Additional discounts may be offered for cats or dogs who arrived here as bonded pairs. Double the love and inquire at the adoption desk for more information!
San Francisco residents pay an additional $21 for the Dog License fee at the time of adoption.
We offer a trio of “adoption hold” services for your convenience. Hold fees may be paid with a credit card over the telephone by calling 415.522.3500. Please note that we do not offer holds for kittens.
- Meet & Greet Hold Fee: $25. This hold enables you to place on hold — for a maximum of one day — an animal you see on our website until you can meet him/her and work with an SF SPCA Adoption Counselor. This hold ensures that the animal will be here to meet you but it does not guarantee that you will adopt it.
- Daily Hold Fee: $25 per day. This hold — limited to no more than three days — is available to approved adopters who need extra time to prepare for their new companion's homecoming.
- Medical Hold Fee: $40. This hold enables you to place an animal on hold while we await the results of medical testing or diagnostics, schedule the animal for spay/neuter surgery, or receive a final veterinary release. The Medical Hold does not guarantee that the animal will become eligible for adoption or that you will adopt it.
Hold fees are not refundable and cannot be applied to the Adoption Fee. The SF SPCA reserves the right to decline adoptions or help find you a more appropriate companion animal.