This class is six weeks of puppy fun! Puppies will learn general manners such as sit, down, coming when called, and playing nicely with others. We will also answer important questions such as, "How do I housetrain my puppy?", "How do I get my puppy to stop chewing on the couch?", and "How do I teach my puppy not to jump on people?" Puppy class is the most important class your dog will ever attend.
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 6 weeks (1st class is a mandatory Puppy Parent Orientation for people only)
Class includes: Handbook, homework, and Certificate of Completion
Fees: $200 (if your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501©3rescue group, the fee is $170; please show adoption paperwork to receive the discount)
Class capacity: 10-12
Location: 243 Alabama Street
Course prerequisites: Puppies must be under 16 weeks of age (no exceptions) and have received their first 2 DHLPP vaccinations. If your puppy is over 16 weeks of age, please look at either Just the Basics or Just the Small Basics classes.
- Sundays, April 14 – May 26 (skip April 28), 1:15-2:15 p.m. (Instructor: Michelle M., Mutipurpose Training Room) This class is now full.
- Sundays, May 12 – June 23 (skip 5/26), 2:45-3:45 p.m. (Instructor: Jeff, Training Annex) This class is now full.
- Tuesdays, May 21 – June 25, 6:15-7:15 p.m. (Instructor: Michelle M., Training Annex) *Please note that this class meets at 7:30 p.m. on May 21st for the mandatory orientation without dogs* This class is now full.
- Tuesdays, May 21 – June 25, 7:30-8:30 p.m. (Instructor: Michelle M., Training Annex) This class is now full.
- Wednesdays, June 5 – July 10, 6:15-7:15 p.m. (Instructor: Brenda, Training Annex)
- Saturdays, June 15 - July 20, 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. (Instructor: Erika)
- Classes full or want some additional practice? Consider attending our Puppy Enrichment Hour ! This unique drop-in class gives your puppy socialization time and teaches impulse control in a fun environment. Please visit the above link for details.
To register, please click on one of the classes above.
View all Dog Training Classes »