Preschool Story Time
Preschool Story Time is a program designed for children ages 3 to 5. SF SPCA Humane Educators read an animal-related children's book with a humane message at each session, and readings are followed by a craft or activity and an animal interaction. We're combining reading, creativity, and animals for a fun-filled program that Bay Area youngsters are sure to enjoy. This program encourages preschool-age children to foster kindness and respect for animals.
- Preschool Story Time programs are available during the school year from September through mid-May.
- Preschool Story Time may be scheduled on weekdays only, with a 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM start time.
- Preschool Story Time arrangements must be made at least one month in advance.
- Program activities may include: take-home crafts, holiday-themed art projects, making animal treats, feeding shelter animals, animal interactions, and more!
- This program is designed for children ages 3-5.
- Guests are encouraged to donate an item from our wish list to help the animals.
- Groups must have at least one adult for every three children. Accompanying adults are asked to help with class management throughout the program.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate youth with severe allergies to animals as they are involved in many of our activities.
How to Request a Preschool Story Time Program
Please note: The San Francisco SPCA is remodeling its adoption center to meet the current and future needs of our shelter animals and visitors. Construction is scheduled to begin in mid-January and complete in Spring of 2014.
During the renovation, the Humane Education department will be affected in terms of scheduling. With the remodel taking place until May of 2014, Preschool Story Time will be on hiatus. This program will resume after summer 2014.
- Teacher's name, phone, and email address
- School/Group name
- School/Group address
- At least three preferred dates for program (one month's notice is required)
- Preferred time of day for program
- Age of youth
- Number of youth
- Number of accompanying adult chaperones
- Additional comments