Just the Basics
This class covers training essentials, including sit, down, stay, come, and loose-leash walking. The first class of the 5-week series is an orientation for guardians only--please leave your dogs at home. Training with your dog will begin in class two. This class is appropriate for dogs of all sizes. (We also offer a small dog only obedience class, Just the Small Basics.)
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 5 weeks. Please note: First class is a mandatory orientation for humans only--no dogs, please.
Class includes: Handbook and Certificate of Completion
Fees: $175 (If your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501(c)(3) rescue group within the last six months, fee is $150; please show adoption paperwork to receive discount).
Class capacity: 8-10 students
Location: 243 Alabama Street
Course prerequisites: Dogs must be 5 months of age or older, able to be handled gently by a friendly stranger, and able to work safely around people and other dogs on leash. (If your dog is between 4 and 5 months old, please look at our Adolescent Manners class.) You are highly encouraged to attend our free class, New Dog 101 prior to this class.
- Sundays, April 28 – June 2 (skip May 26), 1:30-2:30 p.m. (Instructor: Jeff, Training Annex) This class is now full.
- Thursdays, May 9 – June 6, 7:30-8:30 p.m. (Instructor: Amy, Training Annex) This class is now full.
- Thursdays, May 23 – June 27 (skip June 13), 6:15-7:15 p.m. (Instructor: Amy, Training Annex) This class is now full.
- Saturdays, June 1 – June 29, 10:00-11:00 a.m. (Instructor: Erika) This class is now full.
- Mondays, June 17 – July 15, 6:15-7:15 p.m.(Instructor: Stacey, Training Annex)
- Thursdays, June 20 – July 25 (skip July 4), 7:30-8:30 p.m. (Instructor: Amy, Training Annex)
View all Dog Training Classes »