Just the Basics
This class covers training essentials, including sit, down, stay, come, and loose-leash walking. The first class of the 5-week series is an orientation for guardians only--please leave your dogs at home. Training with your dog will begin in class two. This class is appropriate for dogs of all sizes. (We also offer a small dog only obedience class, Just the Small Basics, and a specialty class for shy/fearful dogs, Just the Basics for Shy Dogs.)
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 5 weeks. Please note: First class is a mandatory orientation for humans only--no dogs, please.
Class includes: Handbook and Certificate of Completion
Fees: $175 (If your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501(c)(3) rescue group within the last six months, fee is $150; please show adoption paperwork to receive discount).
Class capacity: 8-10 students
Location: 243 Alabama Street
Course prerequisites: Dogs must be 5 months of age or older, able to be handled gently by a friendly stranger, and able to work safely around people and other dogs on leash. (If your dog is between 4 and 5 months old, please look at our Adolescent Manners class.) You are highly encouraged to attend our free class, New Dog 101 prior to this class.
- Sundays, March 23 – April 27 (skip 4/13), 1:15-2:15 p.m. (Instructor: Michelle M., MPR) This class is now full.
- Tuesdays, April 1 – May 6 (skip 4/8), 6:15-7:15 p.m. (Instructor: Michelle M., Training Annex) This class is now full.
- Saturdays, April 5 – May 10 (skip 4/26), 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. (Instructor: Erika, Multipurpose Training Room) This class is now full.
- Mondays, April 14 – May 12, 7:30-8:30 p.m. (Instructor: Ruthanna, Training Annex) This class is now full.
- Sundays, May 4 – June 1, 1:15-2:15 p.m. (Instructor: Michelle M., MPR) This class is now full.
- Tuesdays, May 20 – June 17, 6:15-7:15 p.m. (Instructor: Michelle M., Training Annex)
- Sundays, June 8 – July 6, 1:30-2:30 p.m. (Instructor: Jeff, Training Annex)
View all Dog Training Classes »