This class is six weeks of puppy fun! Puppies will learn general manners such as sit, down, coming when called, and playing nicely with others. We will also answer important questions such as, "How do I housetrain my puppy?", "How do I get my puppy to stop chewing on the couch?", and "How do I teach my puppy not to jump on people?" Puppy class is the most important class your dog will ever attend.
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 6 weeks (1st class is a mandatory Puppy Parent Orientation for people only)
Class includes: Handbook, homework, and Certificate of Completion
Fees: $200 (if your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501©3rescue group, the fee is $170; please show adoption paperwork to receive the discount)
Class capacity: 10-12
Location: 243 Alabama Street
Course prerequisites: Puppies must be under 16 weeks of age at the start of the first class (no exceptions) and have received their first 2 DHLPP vaccinations and a wellness check by a veterinarian. If your puppy is over 16 weeks of age, please look at either Just the Basics or Just the Small Basics classes.
- Wednesdays, February 5 – March 12, 6:15-7:15 p.m. (Instructor: Brenda, Training Annex)
- Sundays, February 16 – March 23, 1:30-2:30 p.m. (Instructor: Jeff, Training Annex) This class is now full.
- Wednesdays, March 19 – April 23, 6:15-7:15 p.m. (Instructor: Brenda, Training Annex) This class is now full.
- Sundays, March 30 – May 18 (skip 4/13 & 4/18), 2:45-3:45 p.m. (Instructor: Jeff, Training Annex)
- Classes full or want some additional practice? Consider attending our Puppy Enrichment Hour or Puppy Playgroup! These unique drop-in classes gives your puppy socialization time and teach impulse control in a fun environment. Please visit the above links for details.
To register, please click on one of the classes above.
View all Dog Training Classes »