The SF SPCA Humane Education Department offers guided tours for youth in grades PreK-12. Both fun and educational, a tour provides the opportunity for youth to see lots of adoptable dogs and cats and hear about our programs and services.
- Tours are available during the school year from September through mid-May.
- Tours may be scheduled on weekdays only, with a 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM start time.
- Tour arrangements must be made at least one month in advance.
- The tour lasts approximately one hour and includes an overview of the SF SPCA, our programs and services, and a guided walk through Maddies Adoption Center. Additional topics are available upon request.
- There is a fee of $3 per student. Title I schools are eligible for free tours. Additional donations encouraged and appreciated!
- Groups must have at least one adult for every ten children. Accompanying adults are asked to help with class management throughout the tour.
- Youth with severe allergies to animals should not attend.
How to Request a Tour
Email us the following information:
- At least three preferred dates (one month's notice is required)
- Preferred time of day for tour
- Teacher's name, phone, and email address
- Name of school
- School address
- Grade of youth
- Number of youth
- We would love to design the tour to meet your needs, so please share with us any additional comments, such as what your class is currently studying, or the impetus for your tour request.