You can support the animals of the San Francisco SPCA through tax-deductible in-kind donations. We have an ongoing need for towels, blankets, new pet toys, natural chewies, kennels, crates, leashes, and other practical goods.
Please note: due to storage and safety, we are unable to accept the following:
- open bagged pet food (unopened bags will go to clients in need, feral cat colony volunteers & our friends at Vet SOS)
- Medications or prescription items
- pillows of any kind
Items from our wish list can be dropped off during our normal business hours:
We are currently in need of a number of items for our surgery suites, mobile clinics, hospital clients, etc.
- Disaster Supplies: Hand Sanitizer, Radios, Utility Cords, Toothbrushes, and many more. See a full list of disaster supplies we need currently.
- Baby Food - we use Gerber 2nd Foods: Chicken, Turkey and Beechnut for weening kittens.
- Radios! Our dogs loves the soothing sounds of classical music to help pass the time.
- New dog leashes and harnesses (any size; preferably nylon and mesh)
- Collars (new)
- cats: breakaway type
- dogs: Martingale collars
- Leashes - Every length/style
- Infant "Bjorn" slings (for Foster Care program)
- Cat Beds/Cozies Cat/Kitten Toys (Catnip Free)
- "Ping Pong" type cat toys
- Scratching posts
- Bath- and beach-sized towels
- Cans of sardines (bait for feral cats)
- Clean dog beds and blankets (no sheets or pillows, please)
- Dog Pens (X-pens)
- Clean dog crates (all sizes)
- KONG Toys
- Dog/Puppy Toys: Toys should be washable with no moving parts that could be ingested.
- Treat bags and clickers
- Flannel and fleece blankets
- Clean blankets and pet beds
- Nail trimmers
- Brushes and washable grooming tools
- Yoga Mats (to line slippery exam tables)
- Facial tissues
- Dawn dishwashing liquid
- Sheets (not fitted)
- Copy paper
- Dry-erase markers
- Sidewalk and classroom chalk
- Construction paper
- Scrapbook paper
- Poster board
- Animal stickers
- Colored pencils
- Felt material
- Children's scissors
- School glue (bottles & gluesticks)
- Scotch tape
- New Ziploc bags
- Facial tissue
- G-rated movies (DVD)
- Children's books (ages 4-14 years)
- Hand sanitizer
- Magazines with pictures of animals
- Rubber dog toys
For an up-to-date list, browse to the Foster Care program's Amazon wish list.
Questions? Need information about donating a specific item or items in bulk? Want to donate to a specific SF SPCA Program? Please contact our Development Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (415) 554-3029
Do you have used but usable household goods? We work with Community Thrift Store in San Francisco. When you donate your items, and designate SF SPCA (#63) as the beneficiary, we receive a portion of the sales price. For details, please visit www.communitythriftsf.org or call the store at (415) 861-4910