Free Spay/Neuter for Chihuahuas at the SF SPCA, March-May, 2013
As part of our plan to end animal abandonment in San Francisco (read about Vision 2020), the SF SPCA is offering FREE spay and neuter surgeries for Chihuahuas through May 2013. You do not need to be a resident of San Francisco to take advantage of this offer.
We continue to offer San Francisco residents free spay/neuter for their Pit Bulls and Pit Bull mixes. The SF SPCA spays and neuters free roaming/feral cats at no cost to the caretaker. Learn more about our Community Cats spay/neuter services.
Haga clic aquí para ver los términos y condiciones se aplican a esta oferta para servicios de esterilización. Para concertar una cita llámenos al 415-554-3030.
Top reasons to spay or neuter your dog:
- May increase life expectancy by 1 to 3 years by greatly reducing the risk of cancer
- Curbs the urge to roam, thereby decreasing the risk of contracting diseases or getting hit by a car
- Helps reduce companion animal overpopulation
Call us today at 415-554-3030 to schedule an appointment.
The following terms and conditions apply to this spay/neuter offer:
- This is a limited time offer. To qualify for a free spay/neuter of your dog, the surgery must be scheduled for a date in March, April or May 2013. Any appointment scheduled for a date outside of March 1 - May 31, 2013 will be charged according to SF SPCA regular service rates. Appointments scheduled outside of that period may be eligible for reduced service fees, as determined by the SF SPCA and each individual client’s economic situation.
- Spay/neuter of chihuahuas only. No other animals qualify for this limited offer. The SF SPCA only performs spay/neuter surgery on healthy animals under seven years old.
- The SF SPCA has a limited number of free spay/neuter appointments available. Spay/neuter appointments will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis. Once all appointments are filled, no additional free spay/neuter appointments will be available.
- Spay/neuter appointment cancellations must be made at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled spay/neuter appointment by calling the SF SPCA at 415-554-3030. If you cancel a scheduled spay/neuter appointment, then you will not be permitted to schedule another free spay/neuter appointment in March, April or May 2013. If the SF SPCA does not receive at least 48 hours advance notice of appointment cancellation, then you will be charged a $28.50 cancellation fee, which must be paid before the SF SPCA will provide any services to your pet.
- If the doctor recommends necessary additional medical services (such as hernia repair or easy dental extractions) or if you request elective services (such as flea control and prevention products or micro-chipping), then you will be charged for any and all additional services according to SF SPCA regular service rates.
- The SF SPCA reserves the right to refuse to spay/neuter any dog or cat for any reason. The doctor may decide to postpone surgery if your pet has any condition that may complicate surgery. These issues will be discussed during the check-in exam.
- The SF SPCA recommends that your pet be fully vaccinated prior to surgery. If your dog or cat is unvaccinated at the time of surgery, you solely will be liable for any surgery-related infection.
We are committed to working toward ending cat and dog overpopulation in our community and beyond. Your support would be greatly appreciated. Please make a donation to help us fund this initiative.
Click here to see our regular rates for spay/neuter surgeries.